Monday, April 21, 2008

The Weekends Are Fun

Sunday April 6, 2008:

On Sunday the sixth, I went in the station to work with Tim Williams. Normally a meteorologist, Tim also reports on the weekends. The photographer was Mark and I love Mark (I know him from my days at Starbucks).

I really had fun. The two of them are hysterical! The story we had to do was about the new survey from AAA about teenage drivers. Tim let me do the interview with Ragina Averella, manager of public and government affairs at AAA Mid-Atlantic. She was so sweet and understanding.

Tim and Mark gave me great pointers when presenting stories; about posture, diction, speed and content. Every bit of advice is invaluable. I’m still ignorant when it comes to certain things, like what to do in front of the camera, so this insight is very beneficial. Knowing what nuances are good and what nneds to be changed will help my camera persona. And each take got better until, finally, there was one we all thought was pretty good…for a rookie

No comments: