Monday, April 21, 2008

Move on Sickness

Week 7:

I'm so bad at posting on time! here goes....

So last week was spring break. I was sick…AGAIN! Very, very frustrating. I absolutely despise being sick. It is counter productive to my lifestyle.

I was determined not to miss another day at WJZ. Monday comes and I pull myself out of bed, voice barely audible and trudge into the station. Maybe not a trudge, more like speeding to get there, but definitely in a sickly fashion.

Anyway, I can barely speak and all day I’m answering phones and attempting to do interviews (about the potential strike of Giant and Safeway), squeaking all the while. It was quite amusing, even for me. There were some funny stares in my direction.

On Wednesday I was in the Web, posting stories and such. Actually, I was trying to post stories. Every computer I was on that day was soooooooooooooo sloooooooooooowwww. I like speed when it comes to the internet and there was definitely a lack flash. Bernadette, I have no idea how you work on that PC. I guess you know a secret or something. It wasn’t doing anything for me.

I ended up having a conversation with Tim Williams, a meteorologist for the station. Come to find out, he also does some reporting on the weekends and offered to help me out! HOORAY! I love when that happens!

No comments: